Ingraham Building History
Elegance of the 1920's. Built in 1926. Renovated in 1990. The Ingraham
Building represents a renaissance of the classic downtown Miami.
Completed in 1927, the building was designed by the architectural
firm of Schultze & Weaver, designers of the famous Waldorf-Astoria
in New York and the Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles. Built in the
early 1900s "Chicago School" style of architecture, the
Ingraham Building has been described as "one of the most elegant
office buildings in downtown Miami." New Times voted The Ingraham
Building as having the "Best Lobby" in its 1998 "Best
of Miami" edition.
The Ingraham Building, with 200,000 square feet of modern office
space, in a setting of old world charm, has no equal. Named after
Henry Flagler's chief engineer, the Ingraham Building is recognized
as a landmark for its central location, its illustrious history
and its association with the
heydays of Miami.
Downtown Miami will continue to grow, there will be taller skyscrapers,
luxurious and spectacular buildings, but there's only one Ingraham